This Award is designed to recognise and reward a scheme, project or other activity which has provided benefits to local people.
The judges will be looking for nominations which place the bus industry (in its widest sense) at the heart of the local community in the area served, having achieved one or more of the following:
- raised funds for a local charitable project
- helped the local community to achieve an objective of its own, examples of which could include:
- provision of community facilities
- other means to make life better for one or more groups of people in the community
- provided demonstrable benefits to the staff or team and/or for their employers
- Describe the extent to which staff have contributed their time on a voluntary basis.
Who can be nominated?
Any organisation, team or group of staff working for a bus operator or a local transport authority.
… and by whom?
Bus operators or local transport authorities will be encouraged to nominate teams or individuals from within their own or other transport-related organisation who merit this recognition. We also welcome nominations from local community groups or others who may have benefitted from the project(s). Self-nomination is acceptable.
Criteria and Entry Requirements
The judges will be looking for projects that are designed to place the bus industry at the heart of its local community, recognising staff at all grades who have undertaken a scheme, project or other activity which provides benefits to local people.
We would particularly welcome nominations from or about depots where staff have worked together, or from smaller teams of staff or exceptional individuals. Nominees should have worked on a project which provides benefits to the local community through fund-raising or giving of people's time or other charitable activity.
Decisions will be based on the quality of the submissions made and the extent to which they address the criteria. Nominations should therefore:
- Describe the project or initiative
- Describe how the community was involved in the development of the project
- Set out the benefits of the project to the wider community