Chris Moyes Memorial Award for Top National Bus Driver
This Award is presented to the bus driver who has best demonstrated excellent performance from the customer perspective in the 12 month period to the end of May 2013.
To win the title of Top National Bus Driver, entrants need to go that extra mile to provide the customer’s ideal: a driver who is friendly, helpful, conscientious, mindful of passengers’ comfort and well-being – in short, a true professional and worthy ambassador for the job.
Nominations for this Award are now open and you can nominate your favourite bus driver for this award until 7 June 2013.
- Members of the public or other organisations who want to nominate a driver should CLICK HERE. This will take you to the special Top National Bus Driver web site and an online nomination form.
- Employers who wish to nominate a driver whom they employ, please CLICK HERE.
Who can be nominated?
Any licensed PCV driver in full-time employment on registered local bus services outside London, who has been in continuous employment for the 12 months ended 31 May 2013.
… and by whom?
We welcome nominations from employers, bus passengers or bus user groups, or other organisations. Self-nomination is NOT appropriate for this category. We are working with Bus Users UK and Passenger Focus to deliver this award in 2013.
Criteria and Entry Requirements
Where drivers are nominated for this award, their employers will be contacted, and asked to:
- Endorse the nomination and supply further information about the employee to us
- Obtain the nominee's consent to their name being put forward for the award.
Entrants will be assessed by the judges on their technical and professional skill. Evidence of this will be required from their employers and could include:
- The nominee’s accident record
- Number and duration of safe driving awards won by the nominee
- Technical and professional skills, as evidenced by such items as internal driver assessment reports or marks achieved in driving competitions
- Disciplinary record
- Public Commendations
In addition, short-listed entrants for the Top National Bus Driver award will be subject to mystery traveller checks
The winner of the Top National Bus Driver prize will be the individual who best represents the whole range of professional and customer care skills required for this important and highly demanding job.