13 October 2022
The UK Bus Awards, the prestigious national award scheme, has announced its 2022 shortlist after another bumper year for entries.
After a pause over the last two years due to the Covid-19 pandemic, people, projects and bus operators will once again be competing for the top awards across 22 categories at an in-person presentation ceremony on 15 November at Troxy, London.
The judging process has included – once again – mystery travelling of the driver and operator finalists and face-to-face interviews with all of those shortlisted for the people awards.
Alan Millar, Chair of the UK Bus Awards, said: “This shortlist of finalists represents the skills and talents of the industry. They range from small, family-owned businesses through to the very large multinational transport groups, including several entering for the first time. It’s pleasing to see our first in-person awards ceremony since 2019 will once again recognise and reward excellence across the board to find the very best in the business.
“There will be some tough competition too. We have been challenged by the sheer strength and creativity of the entries, especially within the people categories, all of which our independent team of judges reported as outstanding.
“We can’t wait to bring the industry together once again to celebrate its successes, achievements, innovations, dedication and sheer brilliance.”
Tickets for the ceremony are available now at www.ukbusawards.org.uk.
The full shortlist can be found here.
Notes to Editors:
- The winner of the Services to the Industry and the prestigious UK Bus Operator of the Year sponsored by Gallagher and QBE Insurance will be announced at the awards ceremony at Troxy, London on 15th November, 2022.
- The winner of the UK Bus Operator of the Year will be selected from the highest-scoring contestants of the Top City Operator, Top Independent Operator and Top Shire Operator Awards.The UK Bus Awards has been recognising, rewarding and inspiring since 1996.
- The Award for Services to the Bus Industry recognises a significant and sustained contribution to the success of the industry by an individual who has consistently gone beyond the call of normal duty to improve and promote the bus industry for its users or the wider community over a period of years. This award is made by the UKBA Management Committee which will assess the nominee’s length of service and record of achievement.
- The awards are independently judged by expert panels, ensuring integrity and transparency.
- The UK Bus Awards is committed to embracing and promoting innovation, inclusion and diversity within the bus industry.
For further information, please contact Andrew Garnett using the contact form here.