The Award for Services to the Bus Industry recognises a significant and sustained contribution to the success of the industry by an individual who has gone consistently beyond the call of normal duty to improve and promote the bus indistry for its users or the wider community. The annual recipient of the award is decided by the Management Committee.
Who can be nominated?
… and by whom?
Suggestions will be accepted from operators, local authorities (including Passenger Transport Executives and Transport for London), other bodies involved in the planning and provision of local bus services and other organisations working with the industry or on behalf of its users.
Given the broad spread of individuals that might be proposed for this award, the UKBA Management Committee will use its discretion in considering suggestions for this award and will seek the necessary verification. The following will be taken into account:
- The level of service delivered
- The extent of service to, or involvement with, the wider industry outside the individual’s own immediate employment
- Any special circumstances
- Consistent record of achievement
- Sustainability of the entrant’s contributions